About Me

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Black and White

No matter how much I add color to my work (see previous posts) there is something about black and white that continually draws me in. I'm not sure what it is but I do know that I love the simplicity, the pop of opposites and contrasts..the efforts to make something that lacks color still stand out. In this piece White Flower I used a random piece of wood laying about in the garage as a surface. I've been staring at this blank substrate for a couple of months and had to wait and listen and pay attention for when the moment was right I could add a creation to this humble piece of wood. And here you have it...acrylic on wood. My typical smallish size...5"x 8"...it just works for me. On the other hand - this piece would be pretty amazing as an oversize as well.
Because I scanned it at very high res I was able to set it up for posters much larger than its original size. They can be found here, here & here.
Thanks for visiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment