About Me

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Beach Time

I get inspired by views of sand and surf and beach umbrellas and striped towels and all the the wonderful elements that go along with a day at the beach. 

So I created these with the intent that they would also be covered in beach umbrellas in the foreground but as I was painting those layers I didn't like it all! So with a damp cloth I was able to wipe it away as if it never existed. 

Then I added more ocean and used very wet acrylic paints so that I had to wait several hours for it to dry which means I really didn't know what it would look like because sometimes colors run or clump together when they are drying. well - in the morning when I looked I was pleased. And decided - with a second opinion - that the works were indeed done. 

They are 11x14 on wood panel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment