About Me

Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Work in Progress

I started two new abstract landscapes. They have been through many iterations. I wish I shot each version so I would see where I started and where I am now but no I did not. So here we are now. Tomorrow could be another story. 

They are acrylic on wood panel - 11x14. I use many layers because the underneath layers begin to show themselves; like they are trying so hard to peek out beneath the top layers. As if they just want to say "Hey! Notice me!". I have seen consistently that my paintings improve  and become much more interesting when there are more layers. 

I also use a lot of water. Sometimes I water the paint down so much that it leaves an odd shaped blob and I walk away - overnight  - and in the morning I see that it has dried into its own individual shape. It doesn't always work. 

Well - enough chatter...here they are. 






No comments:

Post a Comment